The Organization of Ibero-American States (OEI) selected the Strengthening IMPAct of Latin American universities / IMPALA project as a quality practice that promotes the internationalization of continuing education. The evaluation was carried out by a panel of experts that reviewed 83 experiences, in which 59 universities from 14 countries throughout the region participated.
This process was carried out by the OEI along with the International Institute for Higher Education in Latin America and the Caribbean (IESALC) -UNESCO, the Autonomous University of Bucaramanga de Colombia (UNAB), the University of Alcalá of Spain (UAH), the National University of Córdoba of Argentina and the Colombian Association of Universities (ASCUN).
The IMPALA project, funded by the European Union, designs and implements an impact evaluation system in third mission (continuing education), inspired by the experience of the EU and adapted to three (3) contexts of Latin American countries (Cuba, Panama and Colombia). 19 partners participate:
- EFMD – The Management Development Network – Bélgica
- Universita’ Cattolica Del Sacro Cuore– Italia
- ESADE Business School – España
- Universitat Politècnica de València– España
- Nova School of Business and Economics (NOVA) – Portugal
- Universidade do Porto – Portugal
- Colombian Association of Management Faculties (ASCOLFA)
- University of Antioquia
- Catholic University of Colombia
- Valle University
- La Sabana University
- Pontifical Javeriana University
- Ministry of Higher Education
- University of Camagüey “Ignacio Agramonte Loynaz”
- Central University “Marta Abreu” of Las Villas
- University of Holguín (UHO)
- Agrarian University of Havana
- Specialized University of the Americas (UDELAS)
- University of Panama (UP)
IMPALA obtained one of the best scores in the category “International extension initiatives and development cooperation programs”. Consequently, the practice will be published in the Ibero-American Manual of Good Practices in Internationalization (MIBPI) of the OEI and the experience will be presented by the Catholic University of Colombia in the Ibero-American Seminar on Quality Practices in Internationalization, on December 9th and 10th 2020.
For further information about the project you can visit: http://impalaproject.eu/es/el-proyecto/ or email to: email@example.com